One of the first paintings depicting cuckoldry

Hi all,

As some of you may know, I'm an art lover and always on the outlook for some great paintings.
Earlier this year, I was in Central Italy, visiting an old villa, that was full of antiquities and up for sale.
I asked the owner whether I could have a look at their antiquities despite I was not interested in buying the villa.
The old owner agreed, and I spent several hours admiring all the pieces until my eyes fell on an old oil painting that caught my attention.
I was able to purchase it and brought it back home.

This painting is - in my opinion - one of the first to depict cuckoldry.
From the style and the colors it could be by one of Titian's pupils.
But have a look yourself and tell me what you think..

Cheers, Marc

Attachments

• art.jpg
    art.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Hi all,

As some of you may know, I'm an art lover and always on the outlook for some great paintings.
Earlier this spring I was in Central Italy, visiting an old villa, that was full of antiquities and up for sale.
I asked the owner whether I could have a look at their antiquities despite I was not interested in buying the villa.
The old owner agreed, and I spent several hours admiring all the pieces until my eyes fell on an old oil painting that caught my attention.

Cheers, Marc
It’s beautiful

• Love
Reactions: toolman2c
Hi all,

Earlier this year, I was in Central Italy, visiting an old villa, that was full of antiquities and up for sale.

Cheers, Marc
I do actually love this picture, until these last few decades cuckold husbands, wifes n lovers were so Taboo, TY so much for posting, im saving it knowing my unaware wife would have urgent questions if/when se sees it,, id love 2c and read more of your unique interest.. a DM will be welcome, ill privately tell you of our 20yrs.,